Creating an open shift.
With an open shift you can create a shift that still needs to be filled. With an open shift you have the option to make a selection of employees how you'd like to work that shift. This is done with a first-come-first-serve system. When you've invited 3 employees the first one to accept is the one who gets the shift.
You can add an open shift by dragging it from the shift list or by pressing the V button next to +Add shift and selecting Add open shift.
When you've dragged the shift onto the schedule you can press the pencil icon when hovering over the shift to open the following screen.
When you've selected Add open shift from the menu you'll immediately get the following screen.
The pop-up has the following fields:
- Date: The date for the open shift .
- Department: For which department the shift applies to.
- Instances: The amount of open shifts that need to be filled.
- Team: For which team does the open shift apply to.
- Shift: The shift that's you need to be filled.
- Employee: Here you can select the employees you'd like to invite for the open shift.
- Starttime & Endtime: After selecting the shift these fields will be filled in automatically. You can still alter the actual time for the open shift.
- Break: After selecting the shift this field will be filled in automatically. You can still alter the actual time for the break.
- Description: You can place a description for the shift. When the template already has a description it will be auto filled.
- Repeat this shift: Here you can select if you'd like to repeat the open shift on other days.
- Send notification: When you check this box the selected employees will receive a push notification and an e-mail.
When selecting which employees you'd like to invite for the open shift you can check the box for Show compatible employees. This will hide all employees who're unavailable to work the shift.
After employees have been invited for an open shift they can find the request under My requests. You can view your requests by clicking on your name in the top right corner.
By clicking on the magnifying glass icon you can see the details of the shift and either accept or decline the shift.
Assigning an open shift.
It's also possible to assign an open shift to an employee. You can do so by clicking on the pencil icon when hovering over the shift. On the top of the page you can choose for Assign to employee. You can also filter out all unavailable employees and then select the employees you'd like to assign the shift to.
The employee will not have to first accept this shift.