In Shiftbase you can manage the different absence types yourself.
💡 Tip: This can be useful if you want to have more or different absence types than the ones we offer by default.
Overview of absence types
Add absence type
If you want to add a new absence type click on the green button + Add absence type in the top right corner.
Changing absence types
Changing an absence type is done by clicking on the Pencil icon behind an absence type.
- Name: Name of the absence type.
- Icon: Icon shown with the absence type.
- Color: Color of the absence type.
- Surcharge: Surcharge percentage by which the absence should be recorded.
- Order: Order in which the absence types should be displayed.
- Disable hours: No hours are calculated for this type, such as leave accrual, on-call hours and plus/minus hours.
- Accrues time off: Leave hours are accrued during the absence.
⚠️ Note: This is applied retroactively to absences. Therefore, the balance may fluctuate due to past recordings made.
- Supports wait hours: When an absence of this type is requested, wait hours can be specified.
- Can be deducted from: From which time off balance the hours are deducted.
- Mush be counted as: Here you can choose from Leave or Absence.
- Can be requested by: Here you can specify which permission groups can request this type of leave.