Within Shiftbase it is possible to create multiple shift types. You can think of services like dayshift or eveningshift, but also of orderpicking for warehouses or runner in hospitality.
Creating standard shifts
In the Schedule tab, click on the top left button Shifts/Teams, here you will see the menu with all the standard shifts. Click on the green plus button to create a new standard shift.
You will arrive at the screen below. Fill in the required information to create the standard shift.
- Name: The name of the standard shift.
- Short name: The name that is visible in the team roster.
- Description: A description of the shift.
- Start time & End time: The working hours of the shift.
- Hide end time for employees: If you check this box, employees cannot see the end time of their shifts, this can be useful if employees have to work until close.
- Break: Duration of break in minutes.
- Color: Color of shift in the schedule.
- Skills: Optionally select the required skills for the new standard shift here. This option is only visible if you have already set up skills.
- Ratecard: Optionally select a different Ratecard from the one in the employee's Contract type here.
- Order: Order of the standard shifts in the menu on the left.
- Task: When a shift is marked as a task, the hours will not be shown in the schedule and the time registration.
Once you have saved the new standard shift, you will find it in the menu on the left. Standard shifts can be easily dragged into the schedule from here to be planned.
Editing standard shifts
An existing standard shift can be changed by moving the cursor of your mouse over the name of the shift and clicking on the Pencil icon.
⚠️ Note: Time settings in the shift will not be retroactively incorporated into the roster. Only the color and name are retroactively incorporated into the schedule.
Deleting standard shifts
An existing standard shift can be deleted by moving your mouse cursor over the name of the shift and clicking on the Pencil icon. Next you will see a red button with a Trash can in the lower left corner, click this to delete the shift.