An absence can be registered in a few different ways. By default, an employee can apply for a vacation, other types of absence will be registered by an administrator. As an administrator, you can also add absences for your employees.
If you want employees to request different types of absentees, you can include this in the settings. This can be done under: Settings > Employees > Absence types. Here you can click on the pencil icon of the absence type you wish to edit. By clicking on Show advanced settings and then Can be requested by you can select which permission groups can request this absence type. When you are all setup please click on the Save button.
An overview of all absentee types that can be registered.
- National day
- Special leave
- Maternity leave
- Short-term care leave
- Long-term care leave
- Parental leave
- Unpaid leave
In the Schedule tab, next to +Add shift you will find a drop-down menu which includes Absence.
Employees can also request absence from the dashboard: My absence > +Add absence.
- Employee: Here you choose the employee.
- Type: What kind of absence it concerns.
- Period: The period of the absence.
- Hours: The number of hours to be registered for the absence. The hours are already entered on the basis of the preferred contract settings. Note! These hours should always be checked.
- Date: The days within the given period.
- Partial day: You can check this box when the absence is only a partial day.
- Start time: When the partial day box is checked you can add the starting time of your absence here.
- Note: Allows you to add a description.
- Approval: Here the absentee can immediately be approved, declined or be set to pending. Provided that the user has the correct permission groups.
- Intermediate shifts: Here you can select what will happen to the shifts that are in the period of the absence. This can only be seen with the right permissions. The following options are:
Remove from schedule: This will remove the shifts from the schedule.
Leave in schedule: This option will leave the schedule unchanged.
Move to open shift: This will move the shifts to the open shifts.
- Notify employee: informs the employee about the status of the absence.
- Hide absentee days without hours: Absentee days without hours will not be shown in the schedule or timesheets.When your request is complete, click on Save.
Approving requested absences
By clicking on your name and choosing Requests you will find an overview of the requested absences.
By clicking on either one of the buttons, you will accept or deny the request of absence.
If you wish to edit the request, click on the magnifying glass on the right side of the request.
An existing absence of an employee can be edited by clicking on the Employee tab and on the employee in question. Next, click on the Absence tab to show all current absences of the employee.
By clicking on the pencil on the right side of an absence, it can be edited.
In the Absence menu an absence can be deleted by clicking on the bin icon on the far right side.
After confirmation, the absence will be permanently deleted.
For more information about vacation calculation click here.
Update: Absence policy
From now on it will be possible to set up a absence policy. More information about this new functionality can be found here.