By default, an employee can only request vacation, other absence types must be registered by an administrator.
💡 Tip: Use an absence policy if no employee absence is desired in a certain period.
Go to the Employees tab, and click on the employee whose absence summary you want to view. Then click on Absence at the top.
In this overview you will find all information regarding the absence of the employee per year. On the top right you can select the desired year.
- Time off balances: Here you can see per time off balance the status of Today, what has been Taken this year, the Starting balance of this year and the Ending balance of this year.
- Pending requests: Here you will see the applications listed that have not yet been approved.
- Reviewed requests: Here you will see the applications that have been reviewed.
- Adjustments: Here you will see the possible corrections that have been made this year.
From here you can also delete requested and approved absences. Do this by clicking on the Trash can. After confirming this, the absence is permanently deleted.
In the schedule, on the right side, next to the Add shift button you will find a down arrow. Click on it. In this menu, choose Absence.
Employee: Select which employee you want to register absence for here.
Type: Select the absence type you want to register.
Period: The desired period of absence. In the table you will find an overview of all days within this period.
Per day the number of absent hours can be entered, by default this is already entered from the contract. If you want to deviate from this, enter the correct number of hours. For a part of the day check Partial day and set the from time and number of hours manually.
Note: Gives you the opportunity to add a description.
Approval: Here you can approve the request directly, provided you have the correct access rights for this.
Intermediate shifts: Here you can choose what to do with the shifts that are cancelled due to the absence.
- Remove from schedule: You remove the shifts that are scheduled in the period of absence.
- Leave in schedule: This will leave the already scheduled shifts with the selected employee.
- Move to open shift: Allows you to convert the already scheduled shifts to open shifts.
- Hide absentee days without hours: If you check this, absence days without absence hours will not be shown in the schedule and timesheet.
Approve or reject absences
When an absence request is made by an employee, you can approve or reject it. To do this, click on your name in the top right of the blue bar and go to Requests.
Here you will see the list of absence requests. If you click on the Magnifying glass you can view the request, modify it if necessary and approve or reject it.
Registering national holidays
To ensure that employees are not charged for minus hours on national holidays, you can register them in Shiftbase. To do this, add a new absence registration and, under Type, simply select National Holiday.
By default, leave hours from national holidays are not deducted from the leave balance.
💡 Tip: You can also register a national holiday for several employees at once via a bulk action, you can read more about it here.
⚠️ Note: Because contracts can change during the year, we recommend that you do not register the national holiday until you have created the schedule for that period.